7 ene 2013

Following the suggestion of my friend V, this weekend I baked again a carrot cake.
I took some photos and here are the recipe. It's not really a creation of mine, I copied this recipe some time ago but I didn't  pointed the source (sometimes I like to be more organized), so I would like to stress that it is my adaptation (quantitiesremove and add ingredients). If someone really know about the source please let me know.
It is a cake that I usually bake because it's easy and I love cakes with vegetables as you know.

So there goes... 




carrot cake with apple

100 g flour
75g wholemeal flour
150g sugarcane
120ml vegetable oil
125g shredded carrots
100g apple cut into 1/4 cubes
1 teaspoon cinnamon  
1 teaspoon ginger 
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 180 º.
In a bowl mix the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinamon, ginger and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat eggs with oil and vanilla. Pour the dry mixture into the second bowl and mix with a spoon.
Add the carrot and apple, mix until a homogeneous mass.
Pour the batter into the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for 40-50 min or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean.

   
I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions please let me know. 

21 comentarios:

  1. oh you are such a sweet friend!!: )
    i am going to bake this one the coming weekend...yuummm...

    hugs
    and
    thanks

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't make my carrot cake with apple but I think it's a very good idea. I will try it with, I'm sure the result is very nice :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love carrot cake and yours looks so delicious. I have to give it a try.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Ohh, it looks so good - I must try it! I love cakes with wholemeal flour and vegetables too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh thank you! me too, I think my next will be with zucchini

      Eliminar
  5. looks delicious, glad you managed to watch the documentary x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh yes thank you so much to let me know I liked so much

      Eliminar
  6. Your photos of baking are so beautiful, I could look at them for hours!

    The cake sounds easy to make and delicious, but as I don't have scales in my kitchen, I won't be able to make it. Do you have any idea of the amount of those ingredients measured in decilitres, by any chance?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'll try to find the conversion.

      Eliminar
    2. I found a converter can you use the measure of cups?
      http://www.jsward.com/cooking/conversion.shtml
      I hope this helps you!

      Eliminar
  7. I love carrotcake too! Carrot makes the cake so moist and lovely. Another one of my favourites is datecake, that is quite big thing to make in Finland at christmas times.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you. With vegetables is so moist and very pleasant to eat.

      Eliminar
  8. Gracias por la receta, se ve muy rico!

    Beso!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Wow looks so yummy! I was wondering in cake's recipes so thank you very much! I'm gonna try it! It's always a pleasure to come on your blog and look at your wonderful photos! and..Happy New year! :)
    Fay, a french reader

    ResponderEliminar