16 ene 2013


Here's another of my favorite cakes. Another option using vegetables in a cake, carrot again and this time pineapple.
I encourage you to do this cake if you love chocolate, I like these types of cakes because they are so fluffy and soft. And knowing that takes some vegetables makes me feel no so bad when I eat a piece. ;)

Chocolate carrot cake
from Cook and Food

100 g pecan wallnuts
340 g carrots
4 pineapple slices
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
200 grm plain flour
80 g wholemeal flour
25 g powdered cocoa   
4 eggs
200g sugar  
100 g sugar cane
240ml vegetable oil
2 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 180 º.
Toast the nuts on a baking sheet for 8 min at 180º. Let stand.
Grate the carrots and chop the pineapple into small pieces (or crushed, for my liking I think it's better not find bits of carrot and pineapple, but if you prefer it's up to you). Chop the nuts.
In a bowl mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix.
In another bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until a white and fluffy mass, then add the oil and vanilla and continue beating until well blended and light mass
Now mix the dry ingredients with the wet, then add the carrots, pineapple and nuts. Mix.
Place the mixture into the parchment -lined loaf pan and cook for 40 min.

 Remove from oven and let cool.

 

6 comentarios:

  1. Anna that cake looks amazing and it combines my two favorite cakes: chocolate and carrot. Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. as claudia already said: it looks delicious =)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. YUM! that looks very good:)
    hope you have a great day!
    //Karoline//

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hello anna it's me again, ann.meer, just wanted to inform you that now you've got the option to read my blog in english. it's only the google translator (on the right side, in the sidebar) but now you can read a little bit of it :)

    take care,
    anna

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Each time I watch your pix of cakes I want to eat one! haha
    Your blog is so warm, I enjoy a lot with this cold temperature :)
    Fay

    ResponderEliminar